Sports massage is a range of manipulation and stretch techniques that help maximise the body’s ability to perform, recover and relax. You don’t have to be an athlete to benefit.
It will help you to
- prepare for and recover from the rigours of sports training and competition, whatever your age or level
- tackle and resolve niggles before they become injuries that prevent you training or working normally
- optimise recovery from injury eg a sprain or strain, tennis/golfers elbow or other repetetive strain syndrome
- alleviate back/neck/shoulder problems arising from stress or postural issues
- keep healthy muscles in top condition and leave you energised and ready for anything.
Massage can’t solve every problem, but it can massively improve things and give your body the best chance possible to deal with what life throws at it. As a massage therapist I’m commited to doing my best to work out what’s going on and discussing with you the best strategies to help you perform at your best, whether you’re an elite athlete or need your shoulders unravelling after a tense day at work.
Wow Lou, whatever you did to my left shoulder has worked wonders. I can now circle both my arms fully and put them up in the air as if I was going to dive (previously I could only just about manage that with my right arm). Also I can move my head to the right without a shooting pain down the inside of my left shoulder blade. It’s akin to a Lazarus moment! Thank you.
My back feels so much better … great work! Thank you.