Sports massage is a range of manipulation and stretch techniques that help maximise the body’s ability to perform, recover and relax. You don’t have to be an athlete to benefit.
It will help you to
- prepare for and recover from the rigours of sports training and competition, whatever your age or level
- tackle and resolve niggles before they become injuries that prevent you training or working normally
- optimise recovery from injury eg a sprain or strain, tennis/golfers elbow or other repetetive strain syndrome
- alleviate back/neck/shoulder problems arising from stress or postural issues
- keep healthy muscles in top condition and leave you energised and ready for anything.
Massage can’t solve every problem, but it can massively improve things and give your body the best chance possible to deal with what life throws at it. As a massage therapist I’m commited to doing my best to work out what’s going on and discussing with you the best strategies to help you perform at your best, whether you’re an elite athlete or need your shoulders unravelling after a tense day at work.
We finished, battered but not beaten, 17 hours 12 minutes later. Here's the story, as explained to 220 Triathlon magazine.
A whirlwind 48 hours... We thought we were going three weeks early but our swim was cancelled by our pilot a few hours before we were due to go because the forecast was
Fancy taking three friends to eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant with a 12-course tasting menu and wine included?
This is the amazing prize donated to my Chan
What some of my clients have said about my work
Lou provided excellent massage and advice as part of preparations for my first 100 mile ultramarathon. With her help I was able to train harder and more consistently than ever before and I firmly believe that our regular massage sessions prepared me so that I was able to recover so well after the event. Because Lou is an accomplished endurance athlete herself this really helps her understand her clients’ needs.
Grant Vernon, ultra runner
Lou’s pleasant personality exudes friendliness and warmth making you feel welcome yet with adequate professional respectfulness. As a patient one feels reassured of her care and empathy. Her conduct as a valuable and efficient therapist cannot be doubted.
Gunnel Berry, chartered physiotherapist